With temperatures already hitting the 20’s, summer is fast approaching. And if you want to keep up with the trends expected to light up the fashion world this season, you’ve come to the right place, as this week Luxe Models gives you its top five trends to stock your wardrobe with this summer!
The winter has passed, the spring rains are dying down and the sun is beaming down hotter than ever. Summer is almost here and we bet you can already smell the salt coming off the Mediterranean beach where you plan to while away the hottest months of the year.
Summer represents its own unique set of sartorial challenges and unfortunately, we Brits have a habit of getting it wrong every time. If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you’ll know that wearing socks with sandals is a faux pas bigger than wearing colour to a black and white ball, but beyond that, you may be a little stumped about what to wear this season.
Fortunately for you, you have Luxe Models in your corner and we’ve been trawling the catwalks to find out the coolest trends you can’t go without in the summer sun. These include:
1) Flower Power: There’s this misconception that floral prints are best left in the wardrobes of 1950’s housewives, but if done subtly they evoke the natural beauty of the season and they’re bang on trend this year.
2) Less is More: You may think showing your midriff is best left to long forgotten 90’s pop princesses, but wearing these types of tops is actually a great way to cool off in the summer sun and work on your tan.
3) A Marriage of Function and Fashion: Catwalks at the moment are awash with sport-chic ensembles that allow free and easy movement in the sun and keep you bang on trend. Try teaming lightweight jackets with classic sport skirts in muted neon to pull off this one.
4) Ditch the Iron: We all hate breaking out the iron on a Sunday night to get our clothes nice and crisp for the working week, and this summer, you won’t have to, because creased clothing is well and truly back! Creased skirts are lightweight, stunning and so low maintenance you’ll wish you could wear one every day!
5) A World of Pure Imagination: If you’re biting your nails and worrying about which colours you need to stock this season, you might want to embrace Technicolor, a trend which is lighting up runways from Milan to New York right now. Go on, be daring!
SFor more like this, stay in touch with Luxe Models on Facebook