Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato have finally put their ridiculous feud behind them. We’ve decided to celebrate this fantastic news here at Luxe Models by revealing the five best celebrity friendships ever!
Burying the hatchet
There’s nothing we love more here at Luxe Models than a famous friendship. Back in the late 00’s there was no better match than Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato. They were both Disney stars, both fabulous and both ladies knew how to make a bold fashion statement. They had a bit of a falling out last year, but according to Movie TV Tech Geeks they made up last week, posting a selfie online to prove that this famous friendship is back on!
This heart-warming news got many of us at Luxe Models thinking about all the other headline-spinning famous friendships that have cropped up over the years. Here are five that we believe show the true value of friendship!
- Cox and Aniston: Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox met on the set of their hit show Friends in the 90s and never looked back. Since the wildly popular programme ended in 2004 Cox and Aniston have remained incredibly close, and Courtney even served as maid of honour at Jen’s wedding this year!
- Barrymore and Diaz: In the mould of Cox and Anniston, Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz became friends when they starred in Charlie’s Angels together. Now they’re total besties, with Barrymore once commenting that "we spent every waking moment together for months and months – and years!"
- Gomez and Swift: Selena Gomez’ bond with Taylor Swift has endured for years! The two media darlings have been friends since their earliest days, despite the fact that Gomez recently played Swift’s mortal enemy in the short for ‘Bad Blood!’
- Damon and Affleck: We just had to include at least one ‘bromance,’ and what better pair to pick than Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. The two hunky A-listers have been friends since childhood, eventually writing and starring together in critically lauded Good Will Hunting, maintaining a strong-bond ever since.
- Beckham and Longoria: When Victoria Beckham and husband David upped sticks and moved out to L.A. in 2007, the former Spice Girl became fast friends with Eva Longoria. The Desperate Housewives star opened up about the relationship this year, with the Daily Mail reporting that Longoria said “we're best friends and have shares lots of life lessons together.”
With these examples to follow, Gomez and Lovato have a lot to live up to now that they’ve finally revived their epic friendship. As Cox, Anniston, Barrymore, Diaz, Gomez herself, Swift, Damon, Affleck, Beckham and Longoria have already shown, a Hollywood bond can last a lifetime!
For more stories like this, be sure to stay in touch with Luxe Models on Ello.